This summer the Illuminated River Foundation is inviting you to get creative with colour. Simply download one of artist Aurelie Monsaingeon’s line drawings of the nine Illuminated River bridges and create your own colourful vision.
For the chance to win a portrait of yourself drawn by Aurelie Monsaingeon, share your artwork on Instagram and include the hashtag #MyIlluminatedRiver, the category name (see below), and tag @illuminatedriver in the caption. Take a look at our T&Cs below for full instructions on how to enter.
The #MyIlluminatedRiver competition is open to adults and children in the UK and will run throughout the summer with a deadline of midnight on Sunday 3 September 2023.
Entries are invited in the following two categories:
- Under 16s artwork
- Adult artwork
Entries can be completed using any artistic medium, including coloured pencil, paint, watercolour or mixed media, and both categories will be judged on the basis of originality and creative expression.
Need some inspiration? Follow us on Instagram to view examples of previous artworks.
The winners will be announced on Illuminated River’s social channels on 20 September.
Terms and Conditions
- Each entry must use one of the nine Aurelie Monsaingeon Illuminated River bridge line drawings available on the Illuminated River website (London, Cannon Street, Southwark, Millennium, Blackfriars, Waterloo, Golden Jubilee, Westminster and Lambeth Bridges).
- The competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom of any age.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase is necessary to enter this competition.
- Entrants can submit up to five artworks via an Instagram account that will be used to make contact in the event of a win.
- Private Instagram accounts can either be made public for the duration of the competition (to activate the #MyIlluminatedRiver and @illuminatedriver tags) or the holder can send @illuminatedriver a direct message on Instagram to request a follow back.
- By entering this competition entrants are agreeing to be bound by the competition’s terms and conditions and for their artwork to be shared on social media and/or used for the promotion of Illuminated River.
- The winner/s of the competition will be announced across Illuminated River’s social channels.
- All entries must be submitted by midnight on Sunday 3 September 2023.
- The winner's personal portrait will be created by artist Aurelie Monsaingeon from two or three photographs.
Notes to entrants
- Any changes to the competition terms will be announced on Illuminated River’s social channels as soon as possible by the promoter.
- The prize is as stated but can be transferred to a friend or relative. No cash or alternatives will be offered.
- If the winners cannot be contacted or fails to claim their prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize and select a new winner.
- The portrait prize will be posted to the winners.
- By entering the competition, the winners are agreeing to the use of their name, social media tag and the submitted artwork in publicity material.
- The personal data of all entrants will be used solely in accordance with current United Kingdom data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to third parties.