Illuminated River follows international guidance and best practice on web accessibility. We’re committed to ensuring that everyone can access and use our website on multiple devices.
This includes people with sight, hearing, mobility and cognitive impairments.
We are committed to testing and delivering all content on the website to WCAG 2.1 compliance where possible.
The checkpoints we test against are taken from the technical standard Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1 (WCAG), published by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C).
We’re always working to make improvements to the accessibility and usability of the website, especially where content and delivery is reliant on third-party providers.
We test with a range of technologies and focus on recently developed technology, as newer assistive technologies provide the best accessibility support for the user.
We test the website using the following browsers and assistive technology combinations:
- Screen reader testing using NVDA on Win 10/ Chrome
- Screen reader testing using VoiceOver on iPhone/ Safari
- Keyboard-only testing on Win 10/ Chrome
- Colour contrast testing on Win 10/ Chrome
- Full browser zoom testing on Win 10/ Chrome
- Text-Spacing testing on Win 10/ Chrome
- Testing using automated tools (WAVE & Rocket Validator)
We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website so that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
As much as we have endeavoured to make the site as accessible as possible, we cannot guarantee that every single part will be. For instance, some third-party content and tools may not be fully accessible. We will, however, continue to identify the ways we can improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact us on the details given below with details of the issue found.
Here are useful resources that will enable you to alter the appearance of this site to fit your requirements:
- Google Chrome
- Apple Safari
- Microsoft Edge
- Mozilla Firefox
Please note that from June 15, 2022, Microsoft Internet Explorer, the Internet Explorer 11 desktop application will no longer be supported on certain versions of Windows 10.
We continue our efforts to constantly improve the accessibility of this site and services.
If you experience difficulty with any content or require assistance with any part of our site, or wish to report an accessibility issue, please contact us and we will be happy to assist.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 3rd March 2022. This website was last tested on 2nd March 2022. The test was carried out by Pilao Labs and supported by Illuminated River’s technical team.